Friday, January 13, 2012

I Can't

No, I can't do it. If someone (and in this case I mean a medical or mental health professional) guesses that would be one thing. But I cannot tell someone myself. Going on a week my heart has been skipping a beat several times a day at least (no flutter here it literally stops for a second and then seems to remember that it is supposed to be doing something and then starts up again). Yesterday I experienced a not quite sharp (but closer to sharp than not) pain around my sternum that seemed to radiate back to behind my right shoulder blade (it might have lasted a few minutes). But oh my lord I cannot possibly answer some of these questions!

What to expect from your doctor

Your doctor or other health care provider is likely to ask you a number of questions, such as:

*How long have you been worried about your weight?
*Do you exercise? How often do you exercise and for how long?
*Have you found any other ways to lose weight?
*Are you having any physical symptoms?
*Have you ever vomited because you were uncomfortably full?
*Have others expressed concern that you're too thin?
*Do you think about food often?
*Do you ever eat in secret?
*Have any of your family members ever had symptoms of an eating disorder or have any been diagnosed with an eating disorder?

© 1998-2012 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved. A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.com," "EmbodyHealth," "Enhance your life," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.

I already know I'm mental, honestly, these questions could very well have me curled up in a corner, incommunicado.

Oh lord I can't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment