Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Implicitly

Probably the biggest difference was the fact that he actually cared. Not only did he care but it was an implicit sort of caring; a caring that was evident from the start and did not need to be put in to words. If you want my opinion (and you're going to get it anyway, lol) if you feel you need to actually tell a person that you care... you probably don't. At least, not in the way most valuable.

Funny it was also sort of a sticking point for me, at times. More than once I wanted to look at him, sigh in exasperation (mixed with a bit of perplexity, I must admit) and say 'Oh, R-, why do you even care so much?'. Of course I never asked because I figured I already knew the answer, at least in part. Because if I were him (he? it's a good thing no one reads this the spelling errors, typos, and incorrect English would be enough to cause many to tear their hair out by the roots, lol) I would first ask whether or not the questioner would care were our situations reversed. My answer (the real me, not the 'role reversal me') would be that of course I would care... but it's different. Really it would be a long conversation and I would be left simply with, 'Yes, but, it's different...', knowing that it really is not.

Actually, that's the biggest reason this is so hard. Because he cared, without having to assure me of that fact.

So, if you should ever read this, thank you for caring.

Implicitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment